Monday, January 16

KATY PERRY




Do you see Katy Perry as a good singer or not? Is she just playing around just to get famous? Many people criticize her as a singer and as a person. They say that when she sings live, she goes off tune and she has boring performances. They even criticize her clothes when she goes on stage. Her songs are also being condemned because of such messages like kissing a girl and being hot and cold when it comes to relationships. But for me, Katy Perry is not a boring performer and she's a good singer. Her songs are stunning. Do you even know that she's the one who writes her songs? She even plays the guitar. She is a very talented person and she really doesn't deserve any words from a detractor. As a person, Katy Perry is not who you really think she is. Even if her image is like a sex goddess, she still has good manners and likeable behaviors. There is a simple saying that states that "don't judge a book by its cover." It means that judging a person by what you see outside is not enough to know really, who that person is. It’s just like a book, you still have to read it before saying if it's a good one or not. Today, I will share to you three reasons why I like Katy Perry as a person and as a singer.

First, Katy Perry's songs are inspired by realities and specific moments in her life. When you listen to her songs, especially on her album entitled One of the Boys, you would pay attention to its titles. For example, the songs I kissed a girl and Ur so Gay. What would you think if you first heard of these titles? Probably you would think that it encourages homosexuality. But it really doesn't. These songs really received negative reactions from the religious groups as well as the gay sectors. When Katy Perry responded to the controversies regarding the songs Ur so gay, she said that, "It's not a negative connotation. It's not, 'you're so gay,' like, 'you're so lame,' but the fact of the matter is that this boy should've been gay. I totally understand how it could be misconstrued or whatever ... It wasn't stereotyping anyone in particular, I was talking about ex-boyfriends." See? The songs aren't what you think they are. They are just based on what's life all about,such experiences and messages to people you love and hate. It really doesn't connote bad things. I should really say that Katy is a good songwriter. Many people can really relate to her songs, and I'm one of those people.

The second reason why I like Katy Perry is that she has a big personality. She is very confident and takes all the bad things and find ways to make it as good ones. She is very jolly and frank. In an interview with her,she said and described her personality, "I kind of was born a big personality, whether I have the opportunity to become a successful artist or not, I was always going to be hot. I do not know how you could rather explain that. And I don’t know, maybe there is something that’s attributed to that because of my big personality and my use of color and frankness and, I like making people happy and making them smile." because of her personality, I kind of made her as my role model in life. I would like to be like her, the way she carries herself and every struggles in life. She doesn't take every thing seriously but she still finds ways to get through and deal with it - in a happy way.

The last reason would be that Katy loves her fans. I just watched a video on Youtube. It was an interview wherein her fans gave her questions out of nowhere. She was so happy back then when she saw them on video. She complimented everything about her fans. When you look at her, you would notice sincerity in her eyes when she says that she feels so blissful to see them. She is a down-to-earth person and she’s not faking her love for her fans. As her fan, I actually can feel that she also looks up to me as I was looking up higher to her.

Katy Perry is a good singer and a person. She writes songs that inspire people and relates it to realities. She has a big personality and she loves her fans. Those are just three reasons why I look up to her. There are still many reasons;you can find it for yourselves. Look inside her before looking on her outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment